Frequently Asked Questions
We understand that you may have a lot of questions and we’re here to answer all of them. We hope that the answers to the following FAQs offer all of the information you need.
If you still have questions feel free to contact us and we will do our best to answer whatever questions you may have.
Swim Pant Policy
Due to the failure of disposable swim diapers to work effectively, we must require only reusable, Health Department approved, swim pants in our pool. Fecal contamination in or around a pool poses a serious health risk to all using the facility.
When an accident occurs, we are forced to shut down operations for an extended period of time to properly clean and sanitize our facility. We are trying to reduce the spread of disease and inconvenience to swimmers whose lessons are cancelled.
For the health and safety of our swimmers and teachers The Swim School provides a wide selection of swim pants for sale in our retail area. Some styles fit under your child’s swimsuit and other styles ARE your child’s swimsuit. We are experts at fitting swim pants. Please do not buy a size for your child to “grow into.” The elastic legs must be tight enough to contain an accident. Please arrive a few minutes early to purchase your child’s swim pants.
What Temperature Does The Swim School Keep Their Pool Water?
What Do We Need To Bring To Swim Classes?
What Do Parents Do During A Typical Swim Lesson?
- Check in at the front desk.
- Encourage child to use the toilet before lessons.
- Get child changed into a swim suit and/or swim pants.
- Wait in the viewing room for your child’s class time and then proceed to the deck and your child’s class location.
- You may watch the class from the deck or wait in the viewing room.
- Please do not leave the facility during lessons.
- You may rinse off your child under the on-deck shower.
- Use a changing room (not a bathroom) for getting back into street clothes.
- Stop by the front desk so your child can get a sticker to celebrate his/her developing swim skills.
What Are The Benefits Of Swimming?
Swimming is a great sport and exercise activity.
In youth, swimming promotes the physical development of motor pathways, flexibility and muscular development. Also, as an activity swimming improves the cardiovascular system and overall coordination. Swimmers also learn to set goals and work to achieve them.
In each class, we review, we practice and we introduce new skills. Every student works to achieve new skills so they may receive their next medallion and move forward to the next level. Swimming also creates a great relationship with the water. This can lead to comfort and confidence in many other water related activities.
Swimming can provide a lifetime of fitness.
Your child can make new friends!
What Does The Swim School Do To Make Sure The Water Is Clean And Safe?
Registration & Schedules
What Is The Cost (tuition) For The Swim School Lessons?
Is There A Registration Fee?
Does The Swim School Offer Discounts For Swim Lessons?
- Ask about our Gold Key family members.
- Ask about our Silver Key family members.
- The Swim School is proud to offer our military families a 10% discount on children year-round program swim lessons
- We do not offer discounts on Adult lessons or our summer program.
When Does The Swim School Hold Classes?
The Swim Schools (Shreveport and Bossier) are year-round teaching facilities. Our classes are open enrollment, meaning there’s no start or stop date. You can begin whenever you are ready.
What Are The Options For Paying My Tuition?
- AUTO-ENROLL – Worry free. Never lose your child’s place in class or have to pay the LATE FEE ($10, added after the 5th of each month). TSS offers three methods for auto-enroll all paid on the 1st day of each month:
– Direct debit your credit
– Direct debit your credit card,
– Direct debit your checking account.
- Federal regulations require that you complete a Credit/Bank Authorization form, available at TSS, for this benefit to be effective.
- ON-LINE – Log in through our customer portal and make your tuition payment on-line. Payment for current month due no later than the 1st day of that month.
Is There A Contract?
How Often Will My Child Be At Lessons?
May My Child Attend Lessons More Than Once A Week?
Yes, we can build a schedule for your child with multiple lessons. However, if your child is new to swim lessons, afraid of the water, or more timid and cautious, this schedule may not be in their best interest. It is often difficult, or impossible, to find two or more classes that meet your scheduling requirements AND ensure that your child has the same teacher each time. Having a different teacher for each class hinders rather than improves progress.